R is a free open source software program used for programming statistics and graphics. Statisticians, scientists, analysts, data miners, and mathematicians use R programming to make calculations, conduct polls, and surveys. It is a highly powerful and extensible language with a programmable environment with command-line scripting. This makes it easier for other users to verify facts and errors, for example evaluating complicated formulas in a spreadsheet. It helps with extracting important statistical data out of data set out of graphics and then making it easier to analyze. R is considered a data analysis tool, a programming language, a statistics analyzer, an open-source software, and a collaborative mathematical application for statisticians and computer scientists.
Functions of R in Bioinformatics:
Following are some of the major features and functions of R:
- Data Analysis Tool – It is a tool used for analyzing statistics, biological data visualization, and creating data models.
- Programming language – It is used to write scripts and functions. Objects, functions, and operators are used to process, create, and calculate data. Only a few lines of code are required to complete a complex calculation.
- Statistics Analyzer – Functions are used daily to create graphics, data models, and data. Methods are readily available to perform on-demand statistical research and modeling.
- Open Source Software – Users can download and use the language for free, as well as use and modify the source code. This means that anyone can use the methods and algorithms with other applications and systems.
- Collaborative mathematical application – It allows mathematicians, statisticians, computer scientists, and others to collaborate online. Users from various skill-sets and backgrounds can collaborate and communicate with each other on projects.
- R packages – There are a variety of R packages for biological analysis available such as SeqinR.
How to learn R?
To be able to develop biological software or analyze biological data, one should have skills in programming language/computer scripting. So, if you already have skills in the biological analysis but you want to develop your skills in programming languages/scripting such as R, you can join BioCode’s Gold Bioinformatics plans at a very affordable price. And if you don’t have any skills in dealing with biological data, you can get started from scratch by joining our Gem Bioinformatics plan.
BioCode provides an interactive platform to learn biological programming in Python & R, bioinformatics techniques, tools, databases, and biological data analysis in an interactive manner covering both theoretical and practical aspects of the computational biology topics; an interactive platform where fun meets work and you learn at your own pace, without being time-constrained.
To join our Bioinformatics plans, visit BioCode, and enroll yourself to develop your skills in bioinformatics.
How to avail our biological programming services?
More excitedly, BioCode has brought a platform where bioinformaticians or students can provide their expertise to help others. BioinfoLytics is a platform that provides bioinformatics and computational biology services so we can help you with your research or your project in a very efficient and supportive manner.
The goal of BioinfoLytics is to provide you with the bioinformatics and computational biology services such as sequence alignment & analysis, genome analysis, bioinformatics scripting & software development, molecular docking, phylogenetic & phylogenomic analysis, protein structure prediction, functional analysis, biological database analysis, and biological data analysis & visualization And to provide you with a well-structured & faster analysis than the market in very affordable prices.
If you couldn’t find the service/s you were looking for your project or research in our aforementioned services, it’s all right because you can request for a custom analysis/service according to your need and your research/project.
All you have to do is visit BioinfoLytics, submit your project, we’ll confirm your order, you pay, and we’ll work on your project very efficiently within the specific deadline. Once your project is ready, you’ll be provided with a very manageable and comprehensive report which you can download through the high-end server so you can further work on your research. You will be provided with the chance of a maximum of 3 revisions and even after that if you are not satisfied with the work/analysis, we guarantee you a refund if you would request it within the next 7 days.