With the emergence of the field of Bioinformatics, through various experiments, we’ve discovered huge amounts of DNA and protein sequence information. Traditionally, Bioinformatics involves the extraction of scientific information by studying the biological sequences, which is usually in large amounts, therefore, must be analyzed computationally. The informatics of biological systems these days includes the study of molecular structures, including their dynamics and interactions, enzymatic activity, medical and pharmacological statistics, metabolic profiles, system-wide modeling, and the organization of experimental procedures.
Python is an object-oriented and interpreter-based programming language and can be installed on any OS (Windows/Linux/macOS). There is a Python, which can perform every task which can be performed by the BioPerl, named BioPython, and unsurprisingly at this time the uptake of Python within the bioinformatics community is growing, given our belief that it is an easier but more powerful language to work with.
Functions of Python in Bioinformatics:
Following are the functions of modules being used by Python/BioPython in bioinformatics:
- Sequence alignments- pairwise sequence alignments ( involves sequence alignment, calculating an alignment score, and optimizing pairwise alignment) and multiple sequence alignments (involves multiple alignments, alignment consensus & profiling, generating simple multiple alignments and infrastructuring multiple alignment programs)
- Sequence variation and evolution – similarity measures and phylogenetic tree building.
- Macromolecular structure – using Python for 3D structures of macromolecules and Coordinate superimposition.
- Array data – Multiplexed experiments & array analysis.
- High throughput sequence analyses – high-throughput sequencing, mapping sequences to a genome, and using the HTSeq library.
- Images – biological images, basic image operations, adjustments & filters, and feature detection.
- Signal processing – signals, Fast Fourier transform, and peaks.
- Probability – random variables, and Markov chains.
- Statistics – statistical analysis, simple statistical parameters, statistical tests, and correlation & covariance.
- Clustering and discrimination – separating and grouping data, clustering methods, and data discrimination.
- Machine learning – k-nearest neighbors, self-organizing maps, feed-forward artificial neural networks, and support vector machines.
- Graphical Interfaces.
How to learn Python?
To be able to develop biological software or analyze biological data, one should have skills in programming language/computer scripting. So, if you already have skills in the biological analysis but you want to develop your skills in programming languages/scripting such as Python, you can join BioCode’s Gold Bioinformatics plans at a very affordable price. And if you don’t have any skills in dealing with biological data, you can get started from scratch by joining our Gem Bioinformatics plan.
BioCode provides an interactive platform to learn biological programming in Python & R, bioinformatics techniques, tools, databases, and biological data analysis in an interactive manner covering both theoretical and practical aspects of the computational biology topics; an interactive platform where fun meets work and you learn at your own pace, without being time-constrained.
To join our Bioinformatics plans, visit BioCode, and enroll yourself to develop your skills in bioinformatics.
How to avail our biological programming services?
More excitedly, BioCode has brought a platform where bioinformaticians or students can provide their expertise to help others. BioinfoLytics is a platform that provides bioinformatics and computational biology services so we can help you with your research or your project in a very efficient and supportive manner.
The goal of BioinfoLytics is to provide you with the bioinformatics and computational biology services such as sequence alignment & analysis, genome analysis, bioinformatics scripting & software development, molecular docking, phylogenetic & phylogenomic analysis, protein structure prediction, functional analysis, biological database analysis, and biological data analysis & visualization And to provide you with a well-structured & faster analysis than the market in very affordable prices.
If you couldn’t find the service/s you were looking for your project or research in our aforementioned services, it’s all right because you can request for a custom analysis/service according to your need and your research/project.
All you have to do is visit BioinfoLytics, submit your project, we’ll confirm your order, you pay, and we’ll work on your project very efficiently within the specific deadline. Once your project is ready, you’ll be provided with a very manageable and comprehensive report which you can download through the high-end server so you can further work on your research. You will be provided with the chance of a maximum of 3 revisions and even after that if you are not satisfied with the work/analysis, we guarantee you a refund if you would request it within the next 7 days.